Hotel Invest
 
   
   

Hotels For Sale - Malaysia

KLCC
5 Star
Jalan Alor, KL
Boutique Hotel
Bukit Bintang, KL
4 Star
     

Empire Damansara, PJ,
Selangor

4 Star

Bukit Bintang, KL
3 Star

Kuching, Sarawak
5 Star
     
Kota Kinablau, Sabah
3 Star
Sandakan, Sabah
4 Star
Johor Bahru, Johor
4 Star
     
Tanjung Tokong, Penang
4 Star
Macallister Road, Penang
4 Star
Pantai Cenang, Langkawi
High-end Boutique
     
 
Tanah Rata, Cameron
Highlands
Boutique
Prime city-center riverside
hotel in Melaka
3 Star
 
   

 

 

We cover hotels for sale and resorts for sale in KL (Kuala Lumpur), Melaka, Langkawi, Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Penang and most of Malaysia. We also do research of the markets and below is an excerpt of our quarterly reports available for free.

 

The year 2011 recorded encouraging growth in tourism with tourist arrivals rose to 24.7 million compared to 24.6 million in 2010 while the tourist receipts climbed to RM58.3 billion from RM56.5 billion the previous year. This is in accordance with the ‘Malaysia Tourism Transformation Plan 2020’ of achieving 36 million tourist arrivals and RM168 billion receipts by year 2020. The Ministry of Tourism is anticipating more arrivals in year 2012 and sets the mark at 25 million. The ministry is upbeat about tourism industry due to the growing image of Malaysia as one of the ‘Top and Luxury Destination’ at the international level, thanks to the Tourism Ministry which is aggressively promoting Malaysia as a luxury destination in bid to attract high yield tourists to the country. Moreover, the announcement of incentives for hospitality sector in Budget 2012 such as granting Pioneer status or investment tax allowance to investors undertaking new investments in 4 and 5 star hotels in Peninsular Malaysia are expected to further spice up the activities in local hospitality industry.

 

Malaysia’s popularity as a medical tourism destination also witnessing a staggering growth with the number of foreigners seeking healthcare services increasing each year. Medical tourism in Malaysia recorded a whopping RM509.77 million in medical tourism receipts while foreign patients count was 578,403. Thus, Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC) forecasted revenue  from medical tourism to reach RM548 million from a total of 600,000 patients in 2012. In a recent announcement, Malaysian Association of Hotels (MAH) predicted that hotels in Malaysia will observe increases in occupancy, particularly those in the KL (Kuala Lumpur City Centre) whereby it is expected that the hotels will achieve an average occupancy rate of 68% for the year 2012, up from 65% in 2011. Other locations to have increase will include Melaka, Langkawi, Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Penang and most of Malaysia.

 

As of March 2012, there were a total of 39,080 hotel rooms in Klang Valley, from which about 28,205 rooms or 72.17% are located within Kuala Lumpur City (KLC) and the remaining 27.83% (10,875 rooms) are located outside the Kuala Lumpur City (OKLC). The current supply of 3-star, 4-star and 5-star hotel rooms in Klang Valley stands at 8,651, 12,741 and 11,724 respectively. As for the budget hotel, presently there are about 5,964 rooms within Kuala Lumpur City.

 

During the first quarter of 2012, Grand Dorsett Subang Hotel and Impiana KLCC Hotel were at the verge of completing the upgrading and expansions works whereby it is expected that both hotels will complete the works by mid 2012. On the other hand, it was announced that the 39-year-old Hotel Equatorial in Jalan Sultan Ismail will be demolished and a new hotel will be built in its place. A new hotel brand called Wolo will make its debut in the city centre this year. The hotel is said will be a boutique-style hotel located in the Bukit Bintang area on the former Wisma KLIH site which was transacted in 2010 by Equine Capital Bhd to a company called Wonderful Vantage Sdn Bhd for RM58 million. The hotel is expected to start operations as early as July. There are a number of hotels that were expected to open this year which include the 412-room Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, 500-room Ibis Styles Fraser Business Park Kuala Lumpur, 362-room Best Western Premier Dua Sentral and the 260-room Vivatel Hotel Kuala Lumpur. The opening of the 513-room Pullman Bangsar Hotel has been delayed from this year to early 2013.

 

With these positive results we do see more hotels for sale and resorts for sale in KL (Kuala Lumpur), Melaka, Langkawi, Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Penang and most of Malaysia.

 

 

For Hotel needs, contact:

 

Francis Quah
Head of Mergers & Acquisitions - Investments
+6012 - 345 8762
francis@zerinproperties.com

We cover Hotels for sale & resorts for sale in Kuala Lumpur (KL), Melaka, Langkawi, Kota Kinabau and the rest of Sabah ,Penang and most other locations in Malaysia